10 Reasons We Want iPoker in California
Today, millions of California poker players cannot play the game we love online, even other states and dozens of countries have authorized iPoker. Authorizing a well-regulated iPoker market in California will protect the state’s poker-playing consumers, support local business, and generate both jobs and revenue in California.
Join us to bring iPoker to California because…
- Millions of Californians play poker and they should be allowed to play from their own home in a well-protected, responsible iPoker environment.
- We want California players to be protected. A well-regulated market would ensure best-in-class protection that illegitimate sites do not supply.
- We want your money to be safe and know that regulated markets can insist funds are held in segregated accounts, a practice that would allow all players to cash out at the same time. No such consumer protections exist in unregulated markets.
- We want children kept safe and that can be achieved with responsible regulation. Well-regulated markets have proved that using detailed biographical information screens and prevents youth access. No such protocols or protections exist in unregulated markets.
- Responsible iPoker practice can and should be enforced through the introduction of strict deposit limits, self-imposed buy-in limits, and the facility to instantly activate ‘cooling off’ periods. No such consumer protections exist in unregulated markets.
- We believe that California regulators should have full transparency into operators’ business practices. That includes making sure the shuffle is true, game-integrity practices are up to date, and players are treated fairly.
- We want iPoker play to stay inside our borders and that is possible with innovative geo location technology. Users can be pinpointed to within a 25-meter buffer zone with sophisticated real-time checks that detect attempts to mask location.
- Hundreds of millions of dollars can be added to state coffers which could be earmarked for key state programs, such as schools and public safety.
- We want to create jobs for Californians. A regulated iPoker market could create thousands of jobs for Californians in technology, security and customer services.
- We know it’s good for California businesses. Jurisdictions with a regulated iPoker market report a halo effect for land-based card rooms and casinos thanks to wider awareness leading to more consumers joining the poker community.